Director of Finance
On behalf of our client, SRG is currently recruiting for a conversant, high-achieving Director of Finance to oversee the financial operation of 3 thriving business units within Canada and the United States. For over 50 years, our client located in South Western Ontario, has been engineering and manufacturing key components for the heavy-truck industry with customers across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. As Director of Finance you will contribute to the profitability of the organization through the provisions of financial and business management encompassing the ideas of business planning, control, reporting and the analysis and the interpretation of business results as they relate to the strategic and operating objectives of the organization. As a member of the senior management team, the individual will be consultative on matters that affect the company’s overall performance. Currently the scope comprises managing finance for operations in three facilities: South Western Ontario (London/Woodstock area), Calgary (AB) and one US location, with the possibility of additional locations in the future.
Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Finance will act as a second in command and right hand to the President, filling in for the President in his absence whenever necessary. In this position, you will act in the capacity of a business partner, a fundamentally strategic visionary who can roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You are a leader by example, not solely by delegation. Having a sense of humour coupled with strong business acumen will serve this dynamic leader well.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as an integral member of the executive team
- Oversee timely financial reporting, financial cost analysis, and interpreting financial information for senior management.
- Development and reporting of key performance indicators for various operational areas
- Balance Sheet management, including physical inventory counts, monitoring inventory metrics, days sales, days payables, customer credit oversight, etc.
- Oversee full cycle accounting
- Annual budgeting and capital planning processes. Reforecasting as needed
- Direct daily, weekly, monthly cash management
- Develop, maintain and monitor internal controls.
- Maintain and monitor accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure the systems, plans and objectives in financial analysis, controls and reporting, taxation, treasury and audit are consistent with Corporate and Divisional goals
- Banking administration & relationship management, foreign exchange management, financing and leasing arrangements
- Collect and produce information for Corporative and/or Divisional planning and control
- Capital expenditure planning, management and approval (monthly and annual).
- Management information systems integrity for financial reporting
- Direct staff – accounting, A/R, A/P, and receptionist. Potential to also include IT and HR
- Act as team member in union contract negotiations
- Maintain and keep abreast of accounting standards and developments (professional development)
- Current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. (Knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP would be an asset.
- Work closely with and manage relationship with banks – credit, treasury and cash management; external accounting firm (audit, tax, special projects); Corporate Functional Leaders
- Strategic planning
- Comfortable working closely with IT and HR (previous exposure to IT is an asset)
- Bachelors degree required with relevant accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA or MBA)
- 10+ years of experience in an financial leadership role
- General and cost accounting knowledge including standard costing
- Experienced and comfortable in a manufacturing environment
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission
- Innovative, strategic, and creative thinker
- Excellent analytical skills with strong business acumen and knowledge to improve processes, identify risks and make recommendations for changes
- Advanced computer proficiency. Previous experience working with manufacturing ERP systems, including Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an asset
- Strong delegator with advanced interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated leader who leads by example
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently while working under pressure and/or stressful situations. Ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Sound business judgement with the professionalism to respond positively to and with employees
- Welcomes innovation. Willingness to drive change as and where needed
- Decisive – ability to make decisions quickly and effectively
- Previous project management and outside vendor supplier relations is an asset
- Shop floor and private equity experience also considered an asset
- Exposure to dirt and noise in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to chemical, welding sparks and flash
- Occasional travel to other sites (10-15% travel component)
- Flexibility to work longer hours at month-end, quarter-end and year-end and at other times as needed
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.